An Arizona-based Videography Club wanted an existing audio-video equipment inventory and check-out sytem to be converted into a mobile app.
Key Business Goals
Encourage users of the online system to keep better track of the equipment that often changes hands.
Track, reserve, check-out and check-in equipment on the fly during field work, without having to go back to office and fill out extensive online forms on the desktop.
Keep it simple. Design in accordance with user tasks and context of use.
- Conducted contextual interviews and task analysis
- Offered seamless navigation through simple lists
- Provided multiple list views to help easliy find equipment
- Used Gmail-style icons and colors to levelrage user familiarity when recognizing listed items; and checking for their respective checked-in/checked-out status
- Incorporated and simplified admin items, such as add/edit item or user