A Toronto-based eLearning course provider wanted to adapt an existing desktop course—a quick primer on how to be appropriately dressed in business settings—into an iPhone app for mobile users.
Key Business Goals
Draw iPhone users into the customer base.
Access dressing tips on the go—before client meetings; during business travel, etc. Also, comply by completing the course if required by HR, for onboarding in a corporate setting.
Design the app as a quick reference guide rather than a linear chapter-by-chapter course.
- Re-worked the navigation for quick information access while retaining linear navigation for users who wanted to go through the entire course
- Created exclusive sections and navigation for men and women
- Removed extraneous text—made the content more visual
- Offered built-in feedback for HR managers, and quizzes for corporate-compliance users; other users had the option to skip
- Used standard iPhone design patterns and functions to leverage device familiarity