- Client Brigus Learning
- Year 2014
- Category Content
- Place Toronto, Canada
- 1 Research
- 2 Market analysis
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Content Creation
- 4 Delivery and maintenance
Brigus Learning, a Toronto-based curriculum, design and development company wanted to build an online course for directors of Canadian non-profits.
Key Business Goals
Familiarize board members and directors with the new Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and its various nuances.
Understand various liabilities of the role, and learn how to stay on the right side of the law without getting mired in complicated legalese.
Use the client's DEERE (Define, explain, example, exercise, review) methodology to build four one-hour, self-administered courses.
- Thoroughly read the amendments to the existing law
- Tied up with lawyers to better deconstruct the law
- Spoke with board directors to compile current governance best practices
- Read up various industry-specific books, orientation manuals, journals and publications to get a better understanding for the roles, responsibilities and liabilities of directors
- Wrote case studies and scenarios to help better explain various nuances of the law
- Provided quizzes and exercises to help evaluate level of learning
- Designed marketing collateral for the courses (brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentations, marketing emails, etc.)