The bank wanted to allow flexible options for online credit limit increase. This included a pre-calculated maximum limit offer, as well as user-defined limit on credit cards.
Key Business Goals
Promote acceptance of the maximum-limit option, while informing customers of other options (even if these involved exceeding client’s current over-limit balance) – and encourage them not to abandon the process mid-way.
A process similar to the one they’re used to – clearly listing all available options, including new ones.
Create a seamless flow rather than obsess over minimizing steps. Present the user with a clear outcome of his/her actions.
- Additional steps were added to keep the content, at every step, to a minimum – and decrease cognitive load
- Users were helped along the way with constant feedback, and were given an opportunity to make changes at each step
- Default setting/values, which conformed to business goals, were incorporated at each step. This made the process quick and easy for a majority of the users
- Before final submission, the user was adequately informed of all possible outcomes
- At the end, the user was informed about what to expect next, and equipped with relevant calls to action